SENTINEL®, A COMPLETE, AUTONOMOUS AND INNOVATIVE SOLUTION FOR YOUR LIFTING EQUIPMENT
In many industrial fields, safety is an essential element.
This is why Foc Transmissions has worked on the development of an innovative and universal technology, aimed at simplifying and reinforcing the safety of lifting systems.
Called SENTINEL®, this device is the result of five years of research and close collaboration with the company Seirel (Gérard Perrier group).
2006/42/CE directive machine
2006/95/CE directive BT
2004/108/CE directive CEM
NF EN 13135 (Conception-Sécurité-Levage)
NF EN 13849 Catégorie 2 PL=d
NF EN 62061
NF EN 62508
A UNIQUE SAFETY SYSTEM
Numerous measures aimed at guaranteeing safety have been implemented, particularly in the nuclear, defense, steelmaking and ship repair sectors.
Nevertheless, the solutions provided to meet these security constraints are often not optimal (oversized equipment, complexity of the solutions implemented, qualification difficulties, tedious project management, etc.).
Managing the safety of a lifting system in the face of the risk of load release is a delicate mission. The recommendation in the safety manuals to stay out of the safety cone is difficult to comply with and does not protect against damage in case of an accident.
To address these issues, the SENTINEL® device has unique performance features:
- Kinetic energy to be absorbed by the safety device is up to 100 times less.
- Stopping distance of a few millimeters, regardless of the event.
- Braking torque and forces transmitted to the structure are half as important.
- Average actuation time: 0.004s.
THE UNIQUE SOLUTION, DESIGNED FOR THE USER AND THE MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT
When a machine manufacturer launches a new piece of equipment on the market, it must, by law, after a preliminary risk analysis and the establishment of a technical file, comply with the requirements of the European machine directive (CE marking). This directive aims to guarantee the safety and health of the personnel using these machines.
The site manager is responsible for ensuring that the equipment manufacturer has complied with these requirements, but also that users maintain and respect the instructions given by the equipment manufacturers.
The implementation of the SENTINEL® device on lifting equipment provides the best possible response to all of these requirements from the point of view of load release with a guaranteed PLd level.
The SENTINEL® safety device is also perfectly adapted to the safety of personnel thanks to a universal system, compatible with all situations.
Our safety device is the best answer to the Machine Directive for many reasons:
- Safety without constraints: the gain in safety is provided without additional constraints for the user
- Increased confidence: the addition of a torque limiter to the device prevents possible accidents in the event of handling errors
- Positive safety: any fault in the system leads to the system being put into safety
- Safe interventions: manual control of the lowering by a system with absolute irreversibility, without risk of loss of control
- Simple mechanical integration: floating mounting on reaction arm, foot or flange
- Electrical integration limited to the strict minimum: one power supply, one authorization coming from the machine control, one authorization going to the control
- Simplified maintenance: standard components on the shelf, known and requiring no specific training, no risk of leakage
- Easy maintenance: self-diagnosis, digital interface with system status information, simplified test procedure
A PROJECT SUPPORTED BY
You have a specific request ? Contact us !